LIBRARIES | PHOTOGALLERY | DOWNLOADS | ARCHIVES | CONTACT US

MBA (Master of Business Administration)


Learning goals for first 1.5 trimesters (1st + half of 2nd trimester) of the programme:

  • Demonstrate language skills
  • Demonstrate oral communication skills
  • Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
  • Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
  • Enhance I.T./ Computing Skills
  • Enabling students to apply acquired communication skills in effective business writing including E-mails/ Social Media
  • Learning the basics of Energy & Infrastructure Business
  • Learning the basics of economy, industry and business

Learning goals of the remaining 1.5 trimesters of 1st year (i.e. half of 2nd trimester + 3rd trimester) and 3 trimesters (i.e. 4th, 5th& 6th trimesters) of 2nd year of MBA (Energy & Infrastructure):

  • Enhance the learning of Energy & Infrastructure Business
  • Enhancing the learning of economy, industry and business
  • Enable students to understand relevance of context in general business/ Energy & Infrastructure business
  • Develop social consciousness
  • Develop critical thinking skills
  • Inculcate integrative thinking ability
  • Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
  • Develop competence in quantitative analysis including Business Analytics
  • Understanding applied aspects of technology relevant for business
  • Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics

Learning goals for first 1.5 trimesters (1st + half of 2nd trimester) of the programme:

  • Demonstrate language skills
  • Demonstrate oral communication skills
  • Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
  • Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
  • Enhance I.T./ Computing Skills
  • Enabling students to apply acquired communication skills in effective business writing including E-mails/ Social Media
  • Learning the basics of economy, industry and busines

Learning goals of the remaining 1.5 trimesters of 1st year (i.e. half of 2nd trimester + 3rd trimester) and 3 trimesters (i.e. 4th, 5th& 6th trimesters) of 2nd year of MBA (General Management):

  • Enhancing the learning of economy, industry and business
  • Enable students to understand relevance of context in general business
  • Develop social consciousness
  • Develop critical thinking skills
  • Inculcate integrative thinking ability
  • Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
  • Develop competence in quantitative analysis including Business Analytics
  • Understanding applied aspects of technology relevant for business
  • Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
CURRICULUM

MBA programme is a two-year full-time residential programme at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU) under School of Petroleum Management (SPM).

SPM offers MBA programme in:

  • Energy and Infrastructure Management
  • General Management with specialization in:
    1. Financial Management
    2. Marketing Management
    3. Operations Management
    4. Human Resources Management

Each year is divided into three trimesters. The MBA programme includes six to eight weeks of compulsory summer training for the students.

To complete the credit requirements of the entire programme, students take 111credit hours (an equivalent of 40 full-credit courses) during both the programmes. About 60% of credit hours belong to core courses (which are backbone of learning in a Business School) offered in the first and second year of both the sections of the MBA Programme. The remaining 40% of credit hours of courses in the second year depend on the choice of electives made by the students in their respective programmes. These electives provide the students an edge in respective specializations i.e. Energy & Infrastructure and General Management.

 

COURSES

To complete the credit requirements in the two years, students take about 50 courses together in the first and the second year. The core and the elective courses have been specially designed to cater to the needs and requirements of industries.

*The courses and their sequence/ credits are subject to change as per learning/ academic/ industry needs as decided by competent academic bodies of SPM/PDPU.


^ TOP

 

 

Best Academic Input (Syllabus) in Petroleum Management to SPM

At a grand ceremony organized at Taj Lands End Mumbai on 25th November 2016, SPM was awarded the 24th BSA-Dewang Mehta National Education Award for Best B School Academic Input in Petroleum Management. The award is in recognition of leadership, development, innovation and industry interface of School of Petroleum Management.

Award

^ TOP

 “A WORLD CLASS UNIVERSITY WHICH PROVIDES EDUCATION ALONG WITH GREAT OPPORTUNITIES AND SUCCESS TO ITS STUDENTS”